For nearly 20 years TLC has successfully been providing multi-national corporations, and small or medium-sized companies with quality customized language training. We come to you anywhere in North-West Switzerland (including Greater Zurich) or you come to us for public or private group classes in Baden or Birr.
- Our services
- Why TLC?
- Company courses
- Language audit
- Our clients
- Their references
You and your colleagues can learn 10 world languages in small groups or one-to-one. The lessons are taught by professionl language trainers teaching in their mother-tongue.This ensures you learn authentic language AND culture. Quality is confirmed by 3 external quality labels. Excellent references from participants and organizers of company courses verify this. So too does the list of satisfied TLC company clients, many of whom have worked with us for decades. With TLC you are guaranteed professionalism, high quality and flexibility at competitive prices.
You can choose any of the public courses listed which we will adapt or customize to suit your needs. Should you require a specialized course, for example, French for the Energy Industry, English for Call-Center operators, we will design this for you. For an immediate improvement in the English, German or French communication skills of your co-workers, we recommend our Business Language Seminars. Our range of services for companies is rounded off by one-to-one training, editing and coaching. And whether your company needs a complete foreign language audit or the evaluation of a single recruit's language skills, we have the right assessment tools.
Why TLC for corporate language training?
- Quality and transparency guaranteed by 3 quality labels
EAQUALS (International label for "Evaluation & Accreditation of Quality in Language Services")
eduQua (Swiss quality certificate for Further Education Institutions)
Maintaining these standards requires strict recruitment and continuous quality assurance. This ensures you get what is promised.
- Our corporate clients: Excellent references from organizers of company courses verify our quality promise. So too does the list of satisfied company clients, many of whom have worked with TLC for decades.
- We employ top trainers. Our staff are well-qualified, foreign language teachers, teaching their mother-tongue. They are enthusiastic and know how to motivate their students. Business language classes are taught by teachers with supplementary qualifications in business language teaching.
- Satisfaction is measured and guaranteed: If, in the unlikely event, your colleagues are not happy with their TLC trainer, we change trainers. We understand that the chemistry must be right.
- Experience. We have been doing corporate training since our days as ABB Sprachschule, that is, for nearly 20 years.
- Efficient course administration from A to Z saves you work. Billing and reporting are done according to your wishes by your key account manager.
- Learning progress is measured. From the convenient, on-line pre-course assessment to regular progress tests through to individualized CEF certificates of achievement; your company's return on investment is ensured.
- Fair prices. Without saving on teaching staff, we keep our overheads low so that our prices remain competitive.
- Size, infrastructure and know-how. TLC offers things smaller schools cannot, eg. e-learning.
- Tailor-made courses: These ensure efficiency and higher return on investment.
We come to you anywhere in North-West Switzerland and Greater Zürich. Through a partner school we also do training for our customers in the Geneva-Lausanne region. Alternatively, if you don't have the rooms available in your company or believe a change of scene can be good for all, you can arrange company classes in our premises in Baden or Birr.
The benefits of company courses:
- The convenience and time factors. We come to you, saving you colleagues time and stress.
- The environmental issue. One person drives or, more likely, uses the train instead of dozens of people.
- The needs of company groups are often more homogeneous, making it easier to ensure the courses are individual, practical, efficient. Company-specific language or vocabulary can be incorporated with an immediate transfer to everyday use.
- Flexibility. Course time, dates, duration and group size according to your wishes.
- The admin is outsourced to us. This frees you up to focus on your key tasks.
- The soft issues: Company language training promotes team building and communication between departments.
- Language learning is an excellent way to motivate and retain staff - and keep them mentally fit.
If you have enough employees who need foreign language training, let us make you an offer.
Language Audit and Assessment
You know that foreign language skills are a critical success factor for your company. Let TLC help you establish what the actual foreign language skills in your company are, compared with what they should be. How this gap can be closed follows in an optional training offer.
Or let us help you at recruitment time.
We do the following language evaluations:
• A telephone assessment of speaking and listening skills followed by on-line test. You receive the evaluation marked on the Common European Framework of levels so you know exactly what the testee can or cannot do. The price is CHF 80.- per person, with discounts for over 10 people.
• A comprehensive evaluation of speaking, listening, writing and reading skills with a detailed certificate. This is done remotely using a computer based test for English, German, French and Spanish - all with a business focus. For other languages, our language experts use a paper and pen test, plus a phone interview. The price per test is CHF 90.-, with discounts for orders over 10.
Call 056 205 60 94 to find out more.
"TLC - The Language Company was inspected by EAQUALS in November 2010 and
met the high standards required for EAQUALS accreditation. The teaching, the course programmes, as well as the course organisation, the learning resources, testing and evaluation were all judged to be of high quality. It was found that the institution takes great care to protect the welfare of its clients and staff, and all publicity materials produced by the institution are accurate and truthful. The EAQUALS inspectors identified the following areas of excellence in the institution:
.. Academic Management - Quality Assurance
.. Qualifications, experience and training
.. Information " (EAQUALS, Nov 2010)